Did you ever miss important moments during a Zoom meeting? I do. Balancing speaking, manual note-taking, and managing meetings while staying attentive is challenging. I have good news: there are already AI-powered Zoom note takers that can entirely automate note-taking and help you stay focused.
In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 6 best AI Zoom note takers so that you can pick the best one for you.
What is an AI note-taking app?
AI note-taking tools utilize several techniques, including machine learning, natural language processing, and voice and speech recognition, to automate and transcribe Zoom meetings. Essentially, these technologies are responsible for understanding the conversation and transcribing audio files.
While these AI apps share similar technologies, there are distinctions in transcription accuracy, language support, features, and use cases. Some note-taking apps are built primarily for internal meetings, while others emphasize external meetings, such as sales or customer support.
In-built Zoom note taker vs other AI apps
Zoom has an in-built feature that can automatically record and transcribe the audio of a meeting or webinar. Once the meeting is concluded, it will show up as a separate VTT file in the list of recorded meetings.
Zoom divides the meeting notes into a section with a timestamp, and you can edit the text afterward. Zoom’s built-in transcription feature supports English and is available only with a Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise license.
The main differences between an AI notetaker and Zoom’s native transcription are the following:
- Platform support: It is needless to say that Zoom’s built-in feature works only with Zoom meetings. At the same time, other AI note-taking apps are generally compatible with more video conferencing platforms.
- Language support: While Zoom only supports English, AI note-taking apps are capable of understanding more languages.
- Features: An AI notetaker has a wide range of features besides meeting notes. You can get access to collaborative features, customer insights, better meeting experience, and more depending on the AI app.
- Meeting notes accuracy: AI apps tend to have better notes with higher accuracy.
In a nutshell, the in-built Zoom note taker can also automatically record audio and transcribe Zoom meetings. However, an AI note-taking app could be an ideal choice if you do not have a Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise license and would like to use a free option with more features.
Best note-taking apps for a Zoom meeting
Let’s discover the best AI note-taking apps for Zoom meetings.
Best app for Zoom meeting
Avoma is the most powerful tool when it comes to taking meeting notes. If you are seeking more than a run-of-the-mill app for your Zoom meetings, Avoma’s business-centric capabilities make it a top choice, especially for customer support and sales teams.
- Highly accurate meeting transcripts.
- Versatility to automatically record calls from multiple video conferencing platforms.
- Collaborate on note-taking in real-time so you can simultaneously take notes, view, and edit them with other participants.
- Coaching features and performance insights regarding your Zoom meetings, including AI-powered scoring.
- Numerous integration possibilities with many apps.
- Topic detection and tracking features automatically categorize key moments under topics such as Business Needs, Pain Points, Next Steps, etc.
- Free plan
- Starter: $19/month per user
- Plus: $49/month per user
- Business: $79/month per user
- Enterprise: $149/month per user
Fireflies AI helps you and your entire team to transcribe, summarize, search, and analyze Zoom meetings. Overall, it is an excellent all-around solution for Zoom meeting notes.
- Transcribe and record conversations from audio and video meetings or files.
- It provides insights about speakers, topics, and sentiments.
- Fireflies AI has AI-powered search capabilities in meeting notes.
- You can leave comments and pins at different parts of calls.
- You can integrate Fireflies AI with multiple tools.
- Fireflies AI supports live transcription in 69+ different languages.
- Free plan
- Pro: $10/month per user
- Business: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Best free app for Zoom meetings
Tl dv, or “too long; didn’t view,” records, transcribes and summarizes Zoom meetings in more than 30 languages. It is an excellent solution for people seeking a cost-effective, simple solution for automated meeting notes.
- Records, transcribes and summarizes video calls in more than 30 languages.
- Regardless of the accent and speed, tl dv is highly accurate when taking notes.
- Tl dv can create a video clip or a reel, which makes it easy to share these moments on social media.
- AI-generated takeaways automatically summarize the parts you pinpoint during a meeting.
- Tl dv allows you to play the meeting recording at 1.5 or 2x speed.
- CPU and memory usage is lower than other AI meeting manager apps.
- Free plan
- Pro plan: starts at $20/recording user/month
You get a 30% discount for the first six months using the link below.
Best app for collaboration
Airgram offers numerous valuable collaboration features that enhance workflow efficiency. The ability to easily share documents and engage in collaborative note-taking makes Airgram an excellent choice for agile teams.
- You can supplement AI-generated meeting summaries with your own notes and action items and share them with your entire team for comments and feedback.
- You can share meeting notes and recordings via a link or email.
- Easily export meeting minutes to other apps.
- You can make video clips alongside the meeting transcript to share specific moments.
- A real-time notepad where you can assign tasks to your teammates.
- Option to customize the meeting recording playback speed at 0.5, 0.75, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 and 2x speed.
- Airgram joins the meeting only after you click on the designated button.
- Free plan
- Plus: $18/month per user
Krisp stands as both a Zoom notetaker and a noise-canceling application. A significant difference between Krisp and other apps is that Krisp does not require bots to join your Zoom calls. If you prioritize high-quality meeting audio and prefer not to have bots participating in your calls, Krisp could be your ideal choice.
- Krisp can transcribe online meetings without using bots.
- Ready-to-use templates to generate and share discussion topics, meeting summaries, and action items.
- Remove disruptive noise from all sides of the call.
- The widget displays real-time insights about the meeting, for example, talk time and ratio.
- The call summary feature provides a quick overview of how much you spoke, the call duration, and how much noise Krisp canceled.
- Free plan
- Pro: $8/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
MeetGeek is an AI notetaker helping you with automated meeting notes during your Zoom conversation. Its user-friendly interface enables you to navigate your Zoom meeting notes quickly.
- You can upload audio files, video, or webinar recordings and convert them into text.
- You can create and share key moments from detailed notes.
- MeetGeek can attend meetings and analyze operational data based on multiple factors so you can improve your performance over time.
- Compatible with many other apps.
- Simply Cc your colleagues in the Zoom meeting invite, and they automatically receive a meeting summary.
- Free plan
- Pro: $15/month per user
- Business: $29/month per user
- Enterprise: From $59/month
Choosing the best Zoom note-taker app
Here are some key points, insights, and steps to find the suitable app for Zoom meeting notes:
- Purpose: Various AI notetakers are designed for specific purposes. While some excel at enhancing internal meetings, others are better suited for sales meetings, presentations, or client interactions.
- Features: Online meeting recording and automated notes are the most basic functions. Many AI-powered apps provide additional features that can be helpful during meetings. Consider whether you need only must-have features or you need some extra.
- Meeting platform: If you use other meeting platforms besides Zoom, it makes sense to invest in a more versatile AI tool that can help you during a Google Meet or Teams call.
- Price: While AI apps’ paid plans include several useful features, they also have free plans. If you need only the essential functions and do not have a Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise license at Zoom, I recommend using the free plans for meeting minutes.
- Language: Given that Zoom only supports English, AI tools seem like a better option if you use other languages.
If you are interested in the complete list of Zoom note-takers for automated meetings and notes, check out this article where I ranked and reviewed the 11 best AI meeting managers. I am sure you can find here the most suitable Zoom note taker.
Taking meeting notes to capture important information during a Zoom call can take much work. By automating note-taking, these tools free you to actively engage in meetings actively, fostering more efficient and productive discussions.
In essence, when it comes to AI applications and Zoom’s built-in feature, there is not merely a good or wrong choice, but rather a good and an even better choice. Their common goal is to boost meeting efficiency, reduce manual effort, and sustain focus. The only poor choice is failing to leverage these new technologies.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best AI note-taker for Zoom calls?
The best six Zoom note-takers are the following:
- Tl dv
Can Zoom transcribe notes?
Yes, Zoom’s in-built feature allows Zoom users with Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise licenses to transcribe meetings.
How good is Zoom transcription?
Zoom’s transcription accuracy depends on multiple factors. However, other AI apps tend to understand better speakers.