Searching for Otter.AI alternatives to explore whether there is a better option for automated transcription and meeting notes.
If you are already looking for an alternative to Otter.AI, you are likely familiar with automated transcription. So, I skip the basics and get straight to the point.
In this guide, I will walk you through the 5 best Otter.AI alternatives to help you select the one that perfectly suits your needs.
What is Otter.AI?
This section is for those who still have not decided which AI tool to use for automatic transcription and are wondering whether Otter.AI might be the one. If you are already using Otter AI or other AI tools for online meetings, just skip this part.
Otter AI is a meeting transcription tool that utilizes natural language processing, voice recognition technology, speech recognition, and machine learning. These capabilities are all based on AI technology and are crucial for human transcription services. As a transcription software, it converts speech to text from online meetings in real time.
Similarly to other AI meeting assistants, you can integrate Otter AI with video conferencing tools like Zoom and Google Meet. So, whenever you join the video meetings, Otter AI will also join and take notes.
Furthermore, you can also integrate many AI meeting assistants with other apps like Google Docs, CRM systems, or project management tools.
Depending on the features of an AI meeting apps, such tools can generally help you with the following tasks:
- Video and audio recording,
- Taking notes,
- Prepares meeting summaries,
- Meeting analysis,
- Automated meeting scheduling,
- Team collaboration features like file sharing, collaborative note-taking, and more,
- Enhanced searching functions in meeting notes.
The main goal of Otter AI and other AI meeting assistants is to free you from manual note-taking during online meetings and automate meeting processes.
In essence, Otter AI is a fairly good AI tool that can be used for better meeting workflow management and could save time for every team member.
Best Otter.AI alternatives
To make the decision easier, this summary can give you a short overview of Otter.AI alternatives.
I have evaluated and ranked Otter.AI alternatives based on their similarity to Otter AI’s features while offering a better experience. Besides the similarity of the features, I considered factors like transcription accuracy, language support, user interface, integration with other applications, pricing, and customer support.
Are you ready to explore the top AI alternative to Otter.AI?
Check out my top picks for Otter.AI alternatives.
Fireflies AI is an AI-powered online meeting assistant that has similar features to Otter AI. It helps you and your entire team to transcribe, summarize, search, and analyze important voice conversations.
- Record and transcribe conversations from audio and video meetings or files.
- Highly accurate speech-to-text transcription services.
- The conversation intelligence feature provides insights about speakers, topics, and sentiment.
- AI-powered search capabilities in your meeting transcription.
- You can leave comments and pins at different parts of calls.
- Integration with several video conferencing tools, collaboration, and project management tools.
- Fireflies AI supports transcription in 69+ different languages.
Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Blue Jeans, Skype, Dialpad, Webex, Lifesize, GoToMeeting
- Free plan
- Pro: $10 per month per user
- Business: $19 per month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
A free trial is available.
Why is Fireflies AI a good alternative to Otter.AI?
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with Otter.AI but you are looking for similar features, then Fireflies is the best Otter.AI alternative. While Fireflies AI may not match Otter AI’s chatbot features and user interface, it has some major advantages.
Fireflies AI has more accurate speech recognition and transcription service, advanced searching features, and responsive customer support for the same money. These factors make Fireflies an excellent choice for those seeking the best Otter.AI alternative.
Tl dv is a free and easy-to-use AI based tool for automatic transcription and recording. While Otter AI has more features, tl dv offers highly accurate transcriptions in more than twenty languages if you use Zoom and Google Meet.
- Tl dv records, transcribes, and summarizes audio and video meetings in more than 20 languages.
- The free plan includes unlimited transcription service and recording for Google Meet and Zoom calls.
- Tl dv can create video clips or reels so you can share these moments with others.
- AI-generated takeaways automatically summarize the parts you pinpoint during a meeting.
- Tl dv allows you to play the meeting recording at 1.5 or 2x speed.
Zoom, Google Meet
- Free plan
- Pro plan: starts at $20 per month per user
Why is Tl dv a good alternative to Otter.AI?
Tl dv is a user-friendly audio transcription tool that provides precise transcription services. Tl dv is an easy-to-use and intuitive audio transcription tool. One of its notable features is the ability to create video clips from recorded meetings by simply highlighting the transcript.
When it comes to pricing, Tl dv’s unlimited free plan is far more generous compared to Otter.AI’s. While Tl dv offers unlimited recordings and automatic transcriptions, Otter AI only provides 300 free monthly minutes. Furthermore, Otter.AI supports only English, while Tl dv can transcribe meetings in more than 20 languages.
For me, the only cons of Tl dv is the limited feature set and the fact that it is only available for Zoom and Google Meet.
Overall, if you are looking for the best free alternative to Otter.AI, tl dv should be your top pick.
You get a 30% discount for the first six months using the link below.
Avoma is one of the most versatile tools for automated transcription and meeting management. It has a wide range of feature sets to satisfy any business needs, especially when it comes to sales or customer support processes.
- A complete platform with automatic transcription, meeting summaries, recording, and team collaboration features.
- Integration possibility with many CRM systems.
- Coaching features and performance insights, including AI-powered scoring.
- Topic detection and tracking features.
- Collaborate on note-taking in real-time so you can simultaneously take notes, view, and edit them together.
Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Blue Jeans, GoTo Meeting, Uber Conference, Lifesize, Highfive
- Free plan
- Starter: $19 per month per user
- Plus: $49 per month per user
- Business: $79 per month per user
- Enterprise: $149 per month per user
A free trial is available.
Why is Avoma a good alternative to Otter.AI?
Avoma has many advanced features that make it a top Otter.AI alternative. It works with numerous video conferencing platforms and provides highly accurate transcription services.
However, it’s important to consider that Avoma has a couple of downsides compared to other Otter.AI alternatives, including its pricing and its limited language support, which is currently only in English.
I highly recommend Avoma, especially if you are looking for more than just a standard meeting transcription tool. Its business-focused capabilities make it an excellent choice, particularly if you plan to integrate it with CRM systems.
Krisp is a unique AI transcription tool and noise-canceling application among Otter.AI alternatives because it does not require a bot to join your calls. It works well with almost all of the video conferencing tools and offers budget-friendly pricing.
- Krisp can transcribe video and audio files during meetings without using bots.
- Ready-to-use templates to generate and share discussion topics, meeting summaries, and action items.
- Remove disruptive noise from all sides of the phone calls.
- The widget displays real-time insights about the meeting, for example, talk time and ratio.
- The call summary feature provides a quick overview of how much you talked, the call duration, and how much noise Krisp canceled.
Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Webex, Slack, RingCentral, Discord and More
- Free plan
- Pro: $8 per month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
A free trial is available.
Why is Krisp a good alternative to Otter.AI?
While the feature set of Otter.AI and Krisp is different, it is one of the best Otter.AI alternatives. It is an excellent option for people who prefer not to have bots attending their meetings but still require AI-powered transcription for video calls.
If you work in noisy places often, Krisp can be a lifesaver. Its noise-cancellation is highly effective and can spare you lots of stress. In my view, the only drawback of Krisp is that the transcription service only supports English.
Krisp is a good alternative to Otter.AI for those who not only want to delegate note-taking to AI but also want to eliminate background noise for peace of mind. To sum it up, Krisp offers a unique experience compared to Otter.AI alternatives, but it is definitely among the best AI tools.
MeetGeek is an AI alternative that records videos, transcribes, summarizes, and delivers key points from each meeting. It has an easy-to-use platform with a user-friendly user interface, so you can effortlessly navigate and utilize its functionalities.
- You can upload audio or video files and convert them into text.
- MeetGeek allows you to create clips from live meeting recordings and transcriptions.
- You can easily search and edit the meeting notes.
- Its features analyze your meeting to help you improve your meeting performance.
- You can connect MeetGeek to apps like HubSpot, Pipedrive, and Salesforce.
- Simply Cc your colleagues in the meeting invite, and they automatically receive a meeting summary.
Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams
- Free plan
- Pro: $15 per month per user
- Business: $29 per month per user
- Enterprise: From $59 per month
Why is MeetGeek a good alternative to Otter.AI?
MeetGeek has similar features to Otter.AI. Nonetheless, it provides a broad spectrum of language support, a free plan without transcription limits based on the conversation duration, and a more accurate transcription service. Additionally, users reported fantastic customer service.
MeetGeek is a good AI alternative to Otter.AI with feature-rich free and paid plans. Whether you are using it for business meetings or personal use, MeetGeek is a top choice for more precise transcriptions and reliable customer support.
More Otter.AI alternatives
If you want to check more Otter.AI alternatives, I ranked and reviewed the 11 best AI meeting manager in this article.
Why do people seek an alternative to Otter.ai?
While it is a well-known and effective transcription tool, people may want to seek alternatives for specific reasons.
The main reasons why people switching from Otter AI are the following:
- Conversation length limits in the free plan
- Transcription accuracy of audio and video files
- Limited language support
- Customer support
- Privacy risks
Conversation length limits in the free plan
To be honest, Otter AI does not have a too generous free plan. It only includes 300 monthly transcription minutes, and you can transcribe a maximum of 30 minutes per conversation. It means if you have a longer meeting than 30 minutes, you need to change to the paid plans.
At the same time, some Otter.AI alternatives have unlimited transcription minutes included in the free plan. While MeetGeek has the same amount of transcription minutes available in the free plan, they do not limit the transcription time per meeting.
Transcription accuracy of audio and video files
The transcription accuracy is far from the best. This can cause significant challenges, especially if your days are filled with back-to-back meetings, making it difficult to recall what was discussed earlier in the day. The accuracy of the live transcription is essential to avoid misunderstandings, missed details, and unproductive follow-ups.
Limited language support
Otter AI’s transcription services only support English. On the contrary, almost all of Otter’s AI alternatives support multiple languages besides English.
While it may not be a drawback for people where all the team members speak in English, it can be problematic for those who use more languages.
Several Otter AI users reported poor customer service. Efficient customer service is key in the long term, particularly when you integrate an AI tool with other applications. Some issues will inevitably arise along the way of integration. Therefore, this aspect becomes essential when selecting transcription software.
It is easy to leave Otter AI recording your call unintentionally. So, it may record sensitive conversations or phone calls without even knowing it. Furthermore, Otter.AI does not allow you to edit the audio or video file afterward manually.
Otter.AI is a good AI tool with decent transcription accuracy. And it is certainly better if you do not use any tools for real-time transcription. It can fully replace manual note-taking, enhance team collaboration, and help you focus on phone calls and meetings.
Nevertheless, there might be better alternatives that suit perfectly to your needs. Ultimately, the question of which transcription tool is the best for you will really depend on what features you need.
Frequently asked questions
Is there a better transcription than Otter AI?
Every meeting transcription tool has pros and cons, and the best Otter.AI alternative depends on your requirements. Nevertheless, the best Otter AI alternatives have higher transcription accuracy and a solid feature set.
Which is better, Fireflies AI or Otter AI?
There are advantages and disadvantages to consider, but for me, Fireflies AI is the ultimate winner.
Is there a free version of Otter AI?
Similarly to other AI transcription tools, Otter AI has a free plan. It includes 300 monthly transcription minutes, and you can transcribe a maximum of 30 minutes per conversation. However, some of Otter.AI’s alternatives have unlimited transcription minutes included in the free plan.
Does Otter AI work well with video conferencing software?
Otte.AI can transcribe audio from Microsoft Teams, Google Meets, and Zoom meetings. Furthermore, it can transcribe recorded video or audio files.